Tuesday, March 10, 2015

High Intensity Training

High Intensity Interval Training is a great way to improve your glucose metabolism and burn fat.  High Intensity Interval Training or HIIT is a cardiovascular workout combining short periods of extreme physical intensity followed by medium or low intensity period.  The formula for the ratio of high intensity exercise to medium or low intensity exercise can vary depending on the athletes desired goals and physical ability.  I go for a 1 to 3 high intensity to medium intensity ratio during my work out for 30 minutes.  To give you an example, I get on the treadmill and put it on a setting where im giving 90-100 percent of my effort for 30 seconds.  After that 30 second period I switch the setting to a lower level where I am only expending about 50-60 percent of my energy for a minute and a half.  After the minute and a half period I repeat the process for about 30 minutes.  HIIT workouts are sure to help you raise your heart rate and help you burn more fat! See how many intervals you can do and try to increase that amount a little bit each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment